How stubborn are you?
A 4 mile loop on flat terrain and all you have to do is complete it in an hour. Easy right?
However, you will need to be there on the start line on the hour every hour or you will be timed out… The race keeps on going until everyone is timed out and the winner is crowned only when they complete the final loop.
The race lasts as long as you do…. until the last donkey drops out!
Here’s a bit more info for those already signed up and those considering joining:
- Transition and start/finish area will be the small training pitch as you enter The Track on the left
- Parking is available past the transition area
- Toilets, showers and changing facilities are available on site throughout the event
- Each competitor will be allocated their own space to store everything they have brought along for the event
- Please respect other road users, while the course should be relatively quiet there is a need to cross a couple of roads
- The course will not be marshaled most of the time so we are relying on the honesty of the competitors
- There will be mobile marshals on bikes out on the course from time to time to not only check on competitors’ welfare but to also ensure the course route is being followed correctly
- The race begins at 10am on Saturday 4th July
- Runners must be in the starting circle when the lap whistle sounds to be permitted to take part in the loop
- Each 4.167 mile loop starts on the hour
- The winner is the runner to complete 1 more loop than the 2nd placed competitor
- If the final competitor fails to complete the additional loop then there is no winner (by completing the competitor must be in the starting circle for the following loop when the whistle sounds)
- A 1 minute & a 30 second warning will be given before the start of each loop
- Competitors must complete each lap on foot & without outside assistance
- Competitors can receive help in the transition area only
- There is a 30 hour cut off for the race, if 2 or more competitors complete all 30 loops then the 1st across the
- finish line on the final loop will be declared the winner
- If competitors need comfort breaks they must be in the starting circle when the whistle sounds so may need to go once the lap has started